|Image created by Viryabo@Polyvore|
Though there are simple understated ones like the see-through straps that appear invisible, the most appealing and sought after kinds are embellished with rhinestones and sparkling diamante gems which make them not only elegant but also very attractive without going over the top.
They are really great for adding a touch of glitz and glamour to formal evening dresses and gowns. Not only that! Rhinestone studded bra straps can also be worn to beautify less formal clothing like strapless blouses, tank tops (tubes), camisoles (if you like that double strap look), and bustier tops,.
They are wonderful pieces of accessories that will give you a fashion upgrade whenever you need one . . . like turning a simple day wear into an attractive evening outfit, wearing them with old favourites, or giving your ‘dumped’ clothes a totally new look.
Asides being fashionable and trendy, these fancy straps are also functional accessories that serve to hold strapless bras firmly while eliminating chances of sagging which is a common feature associated with cheap strapless brassieres.
Varieties come as see-through straps encrusted with:
- Crystal clear diamante
- Black sparkling rhinestones
- Multi-colour Swarovski gemstones
- Dazzling charms and silver hearts
- Silver or gold sparkling stones
Rhinestone encrusted bra straps are detachable and easy to fix onto your bra or tops (if you can sew on a loop). Spice up an old top, sew on loops that you can hook you pretty straps on! And because they are multi-way bra straps, you can use them the conventional way, as halter-neck straps, cross-back bra straps, or as a single (cross or straight) bra strap.
How to Choose the Best Type of Diamante Strap
This is about what to look out for when planning to buy fancy straps for convertible or strapless bras. The kind of bra you wear them with is important to know because they don’t necessarily work well with all bra types.
- When buying a convertible/strapless bra that you intend to use fancy straps with, ensure the loops are not too close to your arm sides
- Ensure that the bra loops are closer to the top centre of its cups
- Decorative bra straps don't work well with some bra loops that are almost under the arm (at the edge of the armpit)
- There must be some stretch in your choice of straps so they fit correctly and snugly
- One size strap does not fit all so ensure you go for those that come elasticized if you prefer this function
- There are some brands that carry multiple sizes. Ensure you only purchase packs with multiple sizes. These are more affordable than purchasing different sizes individually
- The size of a bra doesn't determine the size or length of bra straps to purchase. It will mainly depend on the bra band location